Tuesday 4 September 2012

tasty tuesdays : raspberry coconut lemonies

This (past, I can't believe it's already September!) summer I have been obsessively craving the taste combination of coconut & lemon. So when I stumbled on this recipe on pinterest, I knew I had to try it! I altered the original recipe to cut out some of the excess sugar & instead included lots and lots of coconut and I LOVE it. It is a wonderful, delightful celebration of yumminess in your mouth and I promise that you will want more and more and more...until the whole pan is gone. 
{   I   N   G   R   E   D   I   E   N   T   S   } 

1 1/2 cups of flour                    1 cup of butter
1 cup of white sugar                 4 eggs
1 tsp salt                                   2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup of coconut flakes         1 tsp lemon zest
fresh raspberries

{   I  C  I  N  G  }

1 cup of icing sugar
2 tbsp of lemon juice
extra lemon zest
{   I    N   S   T   R   U   C   T   I   O   N   S   }

Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and coconut flakes together in a large bowl.

Mix in the butter (make sure it's soft!...you can put it in the microwave for 15 secs).

In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest.

Add the lemony-egg mix to the dry mix bowl & mix thoroughly! (but don't worry if there's little lumps though, those are the coconut flakes)

Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes, or until the sides turn golden.

Remove from oven, let it cool off, then glaze with the lemon icing. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top for more coconutty deliciousness & don't forget to add some raspberries!

& enjoy!! (try not to eat the whole pan like I did...)


This is a perfect, quick dessert for last-minute get-togethers & it has always been a big hit with the company I've had over this summer! The "brownie" like texture of this bar is sooooo fantastic and is great for non-chocolate lovers...if such people actually exist. 
p.s.   clara

2 comments:

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...