Friday 22 June 2012

in love with : bows

I have to confess something that no former tomboy ever wants to confess...
 I have a very girly and big obsession with bows.

My childhood self is absolutely betrayed and horrified. I was totally one of those girls who stole and wore her brother's clothes, brought back animal skeletons from the woods near our home and laid them out on our beautiful glass dining room table (my poor mother!), sported grass stains and mud everywhere, and once was caught stuffing my stockings into the garbage bin at church
(which did NOT go over well with my mom who caught me red-handed...)
So how did this obsession happen? I have no idea...
 All I know is that bows are darling and sweet and I absolutely love them on anything: clothes, shoes, hair, bags, whatever! Like I said, my childhood self is cringing with disgust. 
Don't get me wrong, I still channel my childhood tomboy in me & I absolutely LOVE the outdoors! If it came down to it, I would gladly choose my hiking boots over any cute shoe with a bow (although a little part of me would cry over the loss), but somewhere in my teens I began to embrace the inner girly girl in me and fell in love with the delicate beauty of all things vintage and whimsical.
Good thing too, or this blog would never have happened!





Anyways, thanks for letting me get that off my chest ;)
Hope you enjoyed this mini-post and the glimpse you got into my childhood!

ps: clara ♥

1 comment:

  1. Bows are so feminine...I do really love their touch of lovely in life. Have you seen fabric roses? Very pretty also...

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...